If any of you were wondering why I wasn't updating, it was because I was on vacation. But now I am back, so on with the updates.
Recently I have decided do go deeper with my voice recognition journey. Instead of using the Microsoft speech SDK, I am going to be developing my own Speech Recognition engine. My reason for doing this is although the MS Speech SDK is nice, it doesn't provide the accuracy that I am looking for.
I know, this seems as if it would be impossible, but I have worked it down to a science. The way I will attempt to do this is I will have my Microphone input stream inputting to an array of numbers, then I will compare that array to another array for specific commands.
If you are asking how this will be more accurate, then I shall explain. The original arrays that I will be comparing against is the specific words, spoken by me, so the input and the comparing arrays for specific words will be extremely close already, also I won't have millions of other words that the engine is trying to match the input against. Only the ones that I setup.
Right now I am leaning towards using the DirectX Voice input libraries as my voice command input stream. By if I can find something more efficient, then I go for that.